Thursday, September 3, 2009

Question concerning ejaculation and urological health? -

Question concerning ejaculation and urological health? -

About 5 days ago I was masturbating and when I came, nothing came out. It felt normal, except for a possible tightening pain I can-t explain. Afterwards for the next 2-3 hours I was uncapable of urinating. No dribbling, no nothing. I had the urge to go, but nothing. I understand that it can take time for the body to switch back to peeing mode, but this long?

I am 20 years old
I have -primary bladder neck obstruction-
I take Terazosin (5mg)
I go to a urologist, but I figured this may be a cheaper way to clear my mind?


Can anyone explain why no seaman came out (I hadn-t masturbated for 4 days previously)? And why I wasn-t able to pee for many irritating hours afterwards?

If anyone can, I-ll be incredibly greatful.
yes it sounds like retrograde ejaculation. you need to see a urologist !
Call your urologist !
If it is something you need to see him about, he will tell you.
If it is not a problem, he will tell you that too.
You should not get charged for a quickie consultation like that.

Better to ask your urologist than people here, as the urologist is trained, actually knows what he-s talking about, won-t try to bullsh!t you for laughs, and knows the particulars of your specific case.

Googling, I find out that Terazosin is used to control premature ejaculation, so it could cause someone not having that problem to stay clenched enough to cause retrograde ejaculation [where your load backs up into your bladder].

See also
http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/WSI��

from which I quote:
-Retrograde ejaculation has several possible causes, including:
* Side effects of medication �� Certain medications can interfere with the function of nerves that control the muscles involved in ejaculation. They include:
*** [a few other drug classes here]
* Drugs for treating prostate enlargement �� tamsulosin (Flomax) or terazosin (Cardura)-

And lower down:
-Treatment

Most men who have retrograde ejaculation do not need specific treatment. If the condition is a side effect of medication, your doctor may be able to switch you to a different drug that does not cause the problem. In other men, all that is needed is reassurance that retrograde ejaculation is not a serious medical problem and that it is not a sign of a serious condition such as cancer.

In some men, retrograde ejaculation requires treatment because it interferes with fertility. This treatment varies depending on the cause. If your retrograde ejaculation is a side effect of medication, your doctor probably will switch you to a drug that does not affect ejaculation.-

But the above do not explain inability to urinate, so call your urologist.

Your urologist should perhaps have told you this was possible, or the information that came with your pills should have [did you read it ?].
Sounds like Retrograde Ejaculation. Do a google search and see.
Question concerning ejaculation and urological health? -